Location: Online, 16:00 – 17:00 AEDT
The Austroads-led AusRAP Programme will build on an extensive platform of local experience and application by state and local government agencies, mobility clubs, Austroads and ARRB as an iRAP Centre of Excellence. In total over 300,000 km of AusRAP star rating and investment planning assessments have been completed, over 40,000 km of risk mapping and over 400 km of road designs have been star rated in Australia. The partnership will continue to benefit from, and contribute to, the global iRAP partnerships that are in place in over 100 countries worldwide.
This webinar will kick-start a new era of activity for AusRAP and cover:
- New leadership, governance and collaboration for AusRAP
- Global directions and learnings from the UK
- Exciting developments in Australia
- Next steps for AusRAP
The webinar will be presented by Michael Nieuwesteeg, Rob McInerney, James Bradford and John Hardwick.
- Michael Nieuwesteeg is the Austroads Road Safety & Design Program Manager. Michael joined Austroads in March 2021 to lead its Road Safety & Design Program. He has a background in statistics and data analysis. He has worked in road safety since 2008 with the Transport Accident Commission in Victoria, as research manager, director of the TAC’s $1.7 billion Safe System Road Infrastructure Program, and director of the TAC’s road safety programs and policy portfolios.
- Rob McInerney is the CEO of iRAP, supporting RAP partnerships in over 100 countries worldwide. Prior to joining iRAP he worked with ARRB in various roles based in Perth, Melbourne and Brisbane and commenced his career with the Department of Transport in SA (now Department for Infrastructure and Transport) in a variety of design, construction, planning and asset management roles across the State.
- James Bradford is the Global Technical Director for iRAP, EuroRAP and the Road Safety Foundation based in the UK. James leads the development of the free-to-air iRAP protocols and tool-suite that is used in more than 100 countries. He is in charge of the technical product development and innovation with government, research and industry partners worldwide and oversees the governance of the iRAP global standard through the independent Global Technical Committee.
- John Hardwick, Executive Director of the Asset Management Branch at Transport for NSW, responsible for leading and enabling transport service outcomes for customers and communities through effective whole of life asset management. John has a background of over 30 years in asset management within the electricity and transport industries, is a passionate leader of organisational improvement in asset and operational risk management and has implemented world class asset management strategies and systems to manage risk and provide value for customers and communities.
There is no charge for the webinar but registration is essential. Can’t make the live session? Register and we’ll send you a link to the recording.
In addition, following on from this webinar, on 25 November, ITE-ANZ will host a practitioner seminar focused on practical aspects of AusRAP star ratings in policy, road investment and safety auditing. Register for the ITE-ANZ event here.
Two AusRAP November webinars: