iRAP is looking for a collaborative and enthusiastic individual with a passion for safe mobility and experience in policy and programme delivery to join our team.
Across Latin America, the Caribbean and North America an estimated 150,000 people are killed and over 4,000,000 suffer life-changing injuries in road crashes every year. The Safer Journeys Regional Leader, Americas will work with a small, dynamic team that has global reach and impact to create safer roads and safer journeys that will reduce the tragic burden of road trauma in the region and save lives.
The Safer Journeys Regional Leader in the Americas will be responsible for supporting partners in the region contribute to our common goals. A high-level of support for existing partners and engagement with new stakeholders will be a priority for the role. This will include:
- Developing and implementing a strategy for collaborating with, and supporting, key stakeholders to achieve the Global Road Safety Performance Targets 3 and 4 and ensure safe journeys for all in the region.
- Actively engaging with key counterparts in stakeholder organisations such as the multilateral development banks, regional entities such as UNECLAC and OISEVI, governments, NGOs and partners in the private sector.
- Identifying opportunities to support policy development and the use of evidence-based infrastructure safety management tools (including iRAP and partner-developed tools), technical knowledge, training and capacity building, and advocacy by stakeholders in the region.
- Building on the well-established global and regional networks of iRAP and our main donor, the FIA Foundation, connecting partners with common needs and potential to create safer roads and safer journeys for all. This may include governments, development banks, youth and child health-focused stakeholders and key industry players who can make a difference and save lives together.
- Actively promoting and supporting the Decade of Action for Road Safety 2021-2030 and the safer roads and safer journeys agenda in meetings and events throughout the region and globally where required.
- Collaborating with and supporting iRAP’s main donor, the FIA Foundation, on its broader Safe, Clean, Fair and Green mobility for all agenda, as necessary.
The Safer Journeys Regional Leader, Americas will report to the iRAP Global Programme Director, and work closely with iRAP team members based in the Americas, particularly the iRAP Global Director, Strategic Projects.
This is a full-time contract position. The role can be performed remotely (the candidate will require their own ‘home office’ facilities including a reliable internet connection, an up-to-date computer and a safe and appropriate environment to work in), and/or embedded within a partner organisation. Flexibility to meet the time zones of lead partners will be essential.
How to apply: Applications for the Safer Journeys Regional Leader, Americas role may be submitted via this application form.
Applications must be submitted in English by Friday 15 October 2021 (midnight GMT).
For enquiries, please contact Greg Smith, iRAP Global Programme Director, at email@example.com