The United Nations (UN) have adopted targets that include Star Ratings. iRAP assessments are an internationally recognised approach to managing road safety risk and saving lives and road agencies in more than 90 countries have used iRAP assessments.
To help meet growing demand for Star Rating assessments, iRAP created a specific training video series. The iRAP Star
Rating Essentials is a series of training videos recorded after a webinar series delivered in December 2018.
Each module is between 60 to 70 minutes and covers the following topics:
- Introduction to iRAP, global road safety and the ‘safe system’;
- How to plan and perform iRAP road surveys;
- How to plan and perform iRAP road attribute coding;
- How to use iRAP’s online software, ViDA, to produce Star Rating and Safer Roads Investment Plans (SRIP);
- How iRAP can be used to Star Rate designs;
- Practical survey, coding and Star Rating activities.
By taking this training, students will build knowledge about infrastructure risk and develop the skills needed to perform iRAP assessments.
Want more information on our full training programme? Visit our Training Calendar