An update of the dataset edit page is now live. This update will see a few small changes to the way the page looks and works, but under the surface there have been significant improvements.
The key benefits of these improvements will mean that the page has better mobile support and the foundations will be in place for future development.
The noticeable changes to the way the page looks and works include:
– The Dataset status has been split up into the status of the dataset and its visibility. This is to help users understand each of these roles independently.
Dataset status will now have the options:
- Working – for data that is in the process of creation
- Draft – for data that is under review
- Final – for finished data.
– Dataset visibility
- Private – only those with permission can see it. Working and draft are locked to this visibility.
- Limited access – users can request access to this data (replaces the final unpublished status)
- Public – all users can see this data (replaces the final published status)
– The Dataset description has been added to the page. This is to allow users to record the rationale for the dataset and provide users with the context for the results. A future enhancement will see this description accessible on the Results page.
– The Dataset type has been added to enable users to record what the dataset represents. The options are:
- Existing – for data that represent existing roads
- Design – for data that represents how a road could be in the future
- Research – for experimenting with results.
– Assessment date has been added to allow users to record what year and month the assessment represents.
– The Learning mode text has been moved into the help tool tips so users can benefit from the text as and when they need it.
– The different stages on the page will now load as they are opened providing improvements in the speed of operation.
Assessment date selection:
What is ViDA?
ViDA is an easy-to-use online platform that contains the results from almost 1,000,000km of road assessments in over 100 countries. Anyone can use it to create life-saving Star Ratings and Safer Road Investment Plans. A great feature of ViDA is that it uses a ‘risk worm’ to segment roads into different levels of risk. This means you can target investment to deliver the biggest return in lives saved and serious injuries prevented.
ViDA is constantly being updated to make it even more flexible and easy to use.
You can register to use ViDA for free.