MIROS iRAP Malaysia has been awarded the 2017 iRAP 5-Star Performer Award presented at the Road Safety in Asia Conference held 22-23 August in Manila.
iRAP Malaysia launched its 2017 iRAP Malaysia: Star Rating Results of Malaysian Inter-Urban Expressways Report this year highlighting its many programme achievements including:
- Nearly 8,500km of Star Rating assessments – including main expressways and 4000 km of high-volume roads in Peninsula Malaysia.
- 2016 Launch of iRAP Malaysia
- 2016 establishment of a 3-star or better policy target to achieve 75% of travel on a minimum of 3-star roads by the year 2020
- MIROS’s development in 2014, together with Malaysian technology partners, of the Road Attribute Data Logger and Inspection System (RADIS), making iRAP assessment significantly more affordable and efficiently portable.
- Appointment of the Malaysian Institute of Road Safety Research (MIROS) as an iRAP Centre of Excellence in 2012.
iRAP Malaysia is committed to achieving a Malaysia free of high-risk roads with a team of 14 led by Programme Director Dr Siti Zaharah Ishak.
In addition to many local activity achievements, MIROS regularly supports other countries to build their capacity and conduct iRAP assessments.
The programme benefits from the multi-sectoral support of MIROS, Ministry of Transport, Ministry of Works, Ministry of Wellbeing, Housing and Local Government, Lembaga Lebuhraya Malaysia, Shell Malaysia, Jabatan Kerja Raya Malaysia, JKLR, PLUS, ANIH Berhad and iRAP.
Read their report here.
About the iRAP Asia Pacific Star Performer Awards
The award is given to the organisation that:
- is dedicated to making roads safe
- has demonstrated excellent application of RAP methods
- acts in a spirit of cooperation and has strong partnerships.