On 26 March, AfricaRAP Lead Racheal Nganwa presented at a Kenyan Road Safety Workshop to over 100 industry and University of Nairobi students.
Rachael presented on the importance of incorporating Road Safety in Highway Engineering educational programs.
Other presenters included:
- Celal Tolga Imamoglu, Senior Manager, Transport and Road Safety, WRI Turkey and Sustainable Cities
- Eng Nancy Abira, Transportation Engineer (Road Safety)
- Alex Ayub, Youth Leader, Global Youth Coalition for Road Safety
- Andy McLoughlin, Director, Cardno IT Transport
- Gabriel Gitau, Transport Planning Associate, ITDP Africa.
The Workshop was hosted by the Civil Engineering Department, University of Nairobi.
If you are interested in more knowledge sharing activities for road safety in Africa – find out more on the World Bank and iRAP helping save lives in Africa – BIGRS 2020-25 webinar series to be held in July here