Invitation to attend the webinar series: World Bank and iRAP helping save lives in Africa – BIGRS 2020-25
DATES: 06, 09, 13 & 16 July 2021
TIME: 3.00PM – 4.30PM (UTC+3) Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Free of charge
Please note this webinar will be delivered in English
The World Bank’s Global Road Safety Facility (GRSF) is partnering with iRAP to improve road safety under the Bloomberg Philanthropies Initiative for Global Road Safety (BIGRS), in the period of 2020-2025. The Program’s objectives are to reduce road crash deaths and serious injuries in 30 cities and 15 countries.
The webinar series World Bank and iRAP helping save lives in Africa: BIGRS 2020-25 is designed to provide an introduction to iRAP to those in Africa who want to use the methodology to help eliminate high-risk roads, unlock the economic benefits of 3-star or better roads and meet Global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and United Nations (UN) Targets.
The focus of this introductory webinar will be on the road safety experience and lessons learned, and how to use iRAP methodology to do safety assessments across the region.
Full programme now available – click here.
- Day 1 (Tuesday 06/07) – Introduction to BIGRS and iRAP in Africa
- Day 2 (Friday 09/07) –Introduction to ViDA
- Day 3 (Tuesday 13/07) –The iRAP Model
- Day 4 (Friday 16/07) –Case studies and establishing a RAP
Each session will have pre-reading materials and an assignment. Attendees will receive certificates upon successful completion of all activities.
This online training is being supported by the World Bank’s Global Road Safety Facility (GRSF) under the Bloomberg Philanthropies Initiative for Global Road Safety (BIGRS) and is in continuation of GRSF and World Bank’s active engagement with various State Public Works Departments, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and National Highways Authority under the BIGRS 2020-2025.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: This series of webinars is meant for engineers of road authorities; and road safety engineers, consultants and professionals involved in road design, operation, and maintenance.
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Tue, 6 Jul 2021 at 3:00 p.m. EAT
- Dakar, Senegal Tue, 6 Jul 2021 at 12:00 Noon GMT
- London, United Kingdom Tue, 6 Jul 2021 at 1:00 p.m. BST
- Tunis, Tunisia Tue, 6 Jul 2021 at 1:00 p.m. CET
- Niamey, Niger Tue, 6 Jul 2021 at 1:00 p.m. WAT
- South Africa Standard Time, SAST Tue, 6 Jul 2021 at 2:00 p.m. SAST
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Tue, 6 Jul 2021 at 3:00 p.m. EAT
- Bahir Dar, Ethiopia Tue, 6 Jul 2021 at 3:00 p.m. EAT