iRAP calls on its partners and the community worldwide to support the 6th United Nations Global Road Safety Week (UNGRSW) #StreetsForLife #Love30 campaign from the 17 – 23 May 2021.
Low speed streets save lives. 30km/h speeds protect road users and reduce loss of life.
A paradigm shift in how streets are designed, starting with low speeds where people and traffic mix, makes streets safe, accessible, enjoyable and equitable for all road users, delivering multiple benefits for all whilst accelerating action across interlinking SDGs.
The iRAP global Star Rating standard and supporting KPIs, Risk Mapping, fatality and injury estimations, investment plans and innovative tools like ViDA, Star Rating for Designs, Star Rating for Schools and AiRAP will empower partners to act worldwide.
Take action to promote UNGRSW in your community!
- Visit our website to learn how.
- Check out our key messages.
- Download and use the UNGRSW resources as your own – social media pack, how to get involved, Streets for Life Toolkit.
- Sign the Streets for Life Open Letter.
- Download and use the FREE iRAP Star Ratings of NACTO-GDCI’s Global Street Design Guide resource to design safe streets in your community. New language translations coming soon!
- Use and recommend the iRAP Demonstrator to explore the relationship between speed, road design and safety.
- Improve the safety of school journeys supported by the Star Rating for Schools Programme.
- Calling all road designers! Improve the safety of your road designs before construction using iRAP’s Star Rating for Designs tool.
- Inform your advocacy! Explore the human and economic impact of road crashes, how safe your roads are and the Business Case for Safer Roads in your country by visiting iRAP’s Vaccines for Roads.
- Explore the FREE Road Safety Toolkit to learn about the causes and prevention of road crashes.
- Build your knowledge with iRAP Training.
Check out all our iRAP UNGRSW resources and activities for the Week here.
Keep a watch on our socials and webpage for more great UNGRSW resources to be released over the next few weeks.