ENROL NOW – The series is now available as an online training course , where participants can learn at their own pace. You can register here to participate
Get the essentials for STAR RATING roads and designs for safety
The United Nations (UN) have adopted targets that include Star Ratings. iRAP assessments are an internationally recognised approach to managing road safety risk and saving lives and road agencies in more than 90 countries have used iRAP assessments.
To help meet growing demand for Star Rating assessments, iRAP created a specific online training video series with the objective of teaching the basics for Road Assessment Processes under iRAP Methodology.
The course includes 4 modules plus assignments. Course topics include::
Module 1 – Survey module:
- Introduction to iRAP surveys and accreditation
- Survey process and requirements
- Using an off-the-shelf camera
- Collecting speed and flow data.
Module 2 – Coding module:
- Know what coding is
- Understand the key principles
- Be familiar with the coding process
- Know where to get more practice.
Module 3 – Star Rating Introduction module:
- Overview of Star Ratings
- Prepare an upload file
- Set up a Dataset in ViDA
- Produce Star Ratings.
Module 4 – Fatality Estimation and Investment Plans:
- How does the fatality estimation work in ViDA?
- Data set calibration
- How does the Safer Road Investment Plans work?
- Economic variables
- Cost of countermeasure variables
- Processing and review of results
- Assessment of the Fatality Estimations and Investment Plans
- Calibration of existing network
- Generating the investment plan
- Comparison of scenarios
- Creating a scenario with road safety interventions
- Calibrating a scenario with road safety interventions
- Comparison between the baseline condition and the scenario
- Evaluation of the scenario comparison
- Model a new scenario with road safety interventions using information provided
- Calibrate the the scenario dataset
- Obtain a new star rating
- Reduction of Fatalities and Serious Injuries (FSI)
Each module has an assignment and certificate is included upon successful completion of the entire course.
Fee: USD200 per person.
By taking this training, students will build knowledge about infrastructure risk and develop the skills needed to perform iRAP assessments.