More than 40 Ministers, 3,500+ delegates and 300 exhibitors from 120 countries are preparing to head to Prague next week for the World Roads Congress and iRAP will be well-represented. Come say hello to our team and partners, and join us at our two-day iRAP Innovation Workshop and other program sessions.
The XXVIIth World Road Congress will be held from 2-6 October organised by PIARC (World Road Association) and the Czech Road Society, supported by the Ministry of Transport of the Czech Republic and the Slovak Road Association at the Prague Congress Centre, Czech Republic. The program features more than 60 Technical Sessions, Workshops and Foresight Sessions, as well as the Congress Dinner and networking opportunities.
iRAP’s Innovation Workshop is an official side event of the Congress and will be held in the Chamber Hall on 5 and 6 October. With the theme “Safer Roads for People and Planet”, presentations and discussions will explore innovations in road agency leadership, data, investment planning and finance that can be used to implement change and deliver on the Global Plan for the Decade of Action for Road Safety 2021-2030 and the Paris Agreement. This is the 10th edition of the iRAP Workshop held previously in Sweden, USA, Australia, The Netherlands, the United Kingdom, and online.
The following iRAP staff will be in Prague and would love you to reach out to say hello:
- Rob McInerney, CEO
- Greg Smith, Global Programme Director
- James Bradford, Global Technical Director
- Julio Urzua, Global Projects Director
- Monica Olyslagers, Global Innovation Manager and Safe Cities Specialist
- Samar Abouraad, Safer Journeys Specialist for Europe, iRAP
- Judy Williams, Global Programme and Communications Manager.
- A/Prof Marko Sevrovic will also join us Senior Road Safety Engineer, European Institute of Road Assessment (EIRA) and Associate Professor, Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences (FPZ), University of Zagreb.
You can hear iRAP content during the Congress at the following times:
Tuesday 3 October
- Foresight Session 2: Harnessing Ai and Big Data for Safer Optimised Road Mobility (9.30 – 11.00 hrs, South Hall 3C, 3rd floor)
- Workshop 2: Zero means a lot: Do urban mobility organisations have what it takes? (11.30 – 13.00 hrs, Club E, 1st floor)
- Foresight Session 5: Safe Designs and Speeds for Active Mobility (14.30 – 16.00 hrs, Small Hall, Ground floor)
Wednesday 4 October
- Foresight Session 8: Mobilising Investments and Partnerships to Deliver Impact in Road Safety (2.30 – 6.00pm, South Hall 3C, 3rd floor)
Thursday 5 October
- iRAP Innovation Workshop – Part 1 (14.30 – 18.00 hrs, Chamber Hall, 3rd floor)
Including the presentation of the inaugural iRAP Gary Liddle Memorial Trophy for Best Performing Road Authority Eliminating High-risk Roads!
Friday 6 October
- iRAP Innovation Workshop – Part 2 (09.30am – 1.30pm, Chamber Hall, 3rd floor)
Plus see other iRAP partner-led content in the Program and Pre-Proceedings
- iRAP assessment and countermeasure selection for safer routes to schools in the city of Yaounde – T. L. Ndingwan and J. F. Wounba (Department of Civil Engineering, Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Travaux Publics Yaoundé, Cameroon), and S. K. Fondzenyuy (Centre of Research for Transport and Logistics, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy)
- School zone road safety assessment using the iRAP Star Rating for Schools (SR4S) Methodology in Khorasan Razavi – A. Zayerzadeh (Road Safety Pioneers, Iran); M. F. Zavareh (Kharazmi University, Iran), and P. Ghofrani (Khorasan Razavi RMTO, Iran)
- Identifying and solving the problems of access to basic services in rural communities through the Integrated Rural Access Planning system – J. Balbuena-Cruz and C. Martner-Peyrelongue, Mexican Institute of Transportation)
- Assessment of the impact of a project on an existing road network through an integrated approach of Road Safety Inspection, Road Safety Audit and Road Safety Impact Assessment – P, Tiberi and E. Mazzia (FRED Engineering, Italy)
- Comprehensive full spectrum road condition evaluation: A strategy to optimize road owner maintenance budgets and minimise traffic accidents – B. Schmidt (ARRB Systems Sweden), V. Balaram and S. Tetley (ARRB Systems South Africa), and J. Daleiden, ARRB Systems USA.
- An integrated approach to evaluate road safety improvements through the entire investment process – J. Slowy, (FRED Engineering Italy) and F. Reina Barranco (FRED Engineering Spain)
Get ready and see you soon!
Read more on and register for the iRAP Innovation Workshop HERE. Registered Congress delegates are welcome to freely join us on the day (seats permitting).
For more information on the World Roads Congress, click HERE.
To arrange to connect with our team, visit irap.org/contact/ for individual contact details.
Judy Williams can also be contacted, including for media enquiries, on email email@example.com or mobile/whats app +61 400 782 204 (note the email will not be closely monitored during the Congress).
We extend our sincere thanks to PIARC and the Congress Organisers for their kind support of the Innovation Workshop in the PIARC program this year and our participation in the event overall.