Starting this month we are excited to announce we will be offering monthly live sessions across the world to discuss the latest knowledge on road safety tools, programmes and partnerships helping make global roads safer.
For a our first session – we will be focussing on the recently released Youth Engagement App (YEA).
The YEA offers young people an efficient way to identify and report high-risk road conditions, providing them with a platform for their voices to be heard. Through the app, government officials will receive data as actionable recommendations to make effective and evidence-based road safety interventions. This will make it easier to identify blackspots for more in-depth analysis to determine the star ratings for school zones.
The YEA is the result of a three-year programme AI&Me: Empowering youth for safer roads launched by the non-profit AIP Foundation in 2021, supported by Fondation Botnar – a foundation which champions the use of AI and digital technologies to improve the wellbeing of young people in urban environments – co-funded by FIA Foundation, and implemented in partnership with Anditi and iRAP. The YEA is aimed at incorporating students’ risk perception to infrastructure assessments conducted with SR4S. For more information on the SR4S, click here.
In this live session we will discuss:
- how the free app works;
- how it’s capturing student road safety experiences to inform safer journeys;
- its implementation in projects and preliminary results – over 19,000 pins dropped so far giving youth a voice to inform decision-makers.
Speakers will include:
- Rafaela Machado (Star Rating for Schools Global Programme Coordinator – iRAP)
- Shanna Lucchesi (Project Coordinator – iRAP)
- Trang Truong (Senior Programme Manager (Vietnam) – AIP Foundation)
Date: Tuesday 18 April 2023
Time: 8.00 AM – 9.00 AM (Eastern time)/ 2.00 PM – 3.00 PM (CEST)
Registration is free.