A 72,000km iRAP assessment will commence in Saudi Arabia this year and Eurogroup Consultant is looking to appoint a Senior Road Safety Traffic Engineer to be based in country to help with the project.
Saudi Arabia’s 2030 National Road Safety Strategy sets targets for 70 per cent of highways to be 3-star or better by 2022 and 100 per cent by 2030.
A high energy, team player with a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and 10 years related work experience in traffic safety, road safety audit, transportation management and traffic engineering is sought to work in a full-time capacity in the Riyadh office.
This opportunity is your chance to work on interesting and complex traffic safety engineering projects that include Road Safety Audit and inspection, traffic operations, road accident studies and analysis, traffic impact analyses and data management/visualization.
Most of the work will focus on the Ministry of Transport and Logistics (MOT) road network across the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Responsibilities will include:
- To work with state and local agencies on the identification and study of specific roadway safety improvement projects
- To work with Project and Program Managers as a task manager, or assistant project manager in the delivery of transportation and traffic safety projects for the client
- The preparation, analysis and evaluation of data (safety data, crash reports, demographic information) from various sources such as the Department of Transportation, local clients and manual data collection sources.
- Investigation of accidents, incidents and work-related injuries, and determination of fault/probability
- Undertake Road Safety Audits as a team participant and team lead
- Undertake a range of safety assessments and reviews, supported by the wider road safety team as appropriate
- Undertake Road Safety inspection site visits and reports with colleagues whilst conforming to current standards and guidance
Note the role will require some unsociable working hours for Road Safety Audits conducted at night.
For more information, please contact Mohamed Hassan via email [email protected] or WhatsApp 009 665 9893 3567.
Image credit: Abdullah Gouiaa, Pexels