This year, as part of the International Women in Engineering Day (Thursday 23 June), we are announcing a new training grant opportunity, selecting 30 women to take our Star Rating Essentials and Star Rating for Designs courses for free.
Women make up just over 20% of our #RAPcommunity and we are keen to see that number grow. With these grants, we hope to support more women in their efforts to save lives on roads around the world.
‘We have been a part of the transportation system historically dependent on males, we now belong to the decision-makers, the designers, and the agents of change, let’s make the transportation system inclusive to all, women, children, the elderly, and the disabled.’ – Nuria Jasira Diaz Vale (Peru) Successful Grant recipient from 2021
The grants are open to women that have a background in road-related planning, design or engineering, and have not previously taken the Star Rating Essentials and Star Rating for Designs courses. Candidates will be selected on answers they provide to the following questions:
- Why would you like to learn more about iRAP methodology?
- How would you use the knowledge and skills that you learn?
If you would like to apply, please complete the following application form by COB 8 July 2022. We will announce the selected applicants on 28 July 2022.
Please contact iRAP’s Training and Accreditation Coordinator via email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Make sure you get in quickly as there are only 30 positions available.
*Terms and Conditions*
Please read the following Terms and Conditions.
The iRAP women in engineering grants applicant understands and agrees to the following:
- iRAP will select 30 women to have access to the Star Rating Essentials and Star Rating for Designs courses for free.
- The selected women will:
- Have a background in engineering.
- Justify a good use of the acquired knowledge.
- Are not a beneficiary from other iRAP projects.
- This application is subject to iRAP selection procedures.
- iRAP reserves the right to refuse the application.
- Completion of the application process does not guarantee approval of the application.
- If selected for the grants, the applicant agrees to undertake the course activities and submit the assignments to complete the courses.
If selected for the grants, the applicant agrees to the following:
- Enrol within 3 months of being selected to attend Star Rating Essentials and Star Rating for Designs courses for free.
- Complete both courses within 7 months from enrolment date to receive free accreditation (subject to successfully completed the assignments) and free first renewal in 2023.
- iRAP may suspend or revoke the Grants at any time at its discretion.
- The applicant agrees with iRAP to use the content of its application to promote the Grants programme.
- If selected for the grants, the applicant agrees to report six-monthly to iRAP on how she is using the iRAP methodology to improve the roads in his or her country.
See how we have celebrated women in engineering in the past below: