The latest WrapUp newsletter is now available, providing a comprehensive overview from Sweden 2020.
From 17-20 February, iRAP joined minister-led delegations from more than 140 countries and 1,700 representatives from industry, research and international road safety organisations in Stockholm for the 3rd Ministerial Conference on Road Safety and associated side events on Achieving Global Goals by 2030. It was a jam-packed week with a key focus on how countries can achieve UN Targets 3 and 4 to save 450,000 lives by 2030 with 3-star or better road infrastructure for all road users.
WrapUp Highlights include:
- Star Rating for Schools (SR4S) global launch at the Child Health Initiative “This is My Street Safe and Healthy Journeys for Children and Youth” Conference.
- 2020 Innovation Workshop co-hosted by iRAP, the International Transport Forum and World Bank Global Road Safety Facility.
- Launch of Vaccines for Roads V showcasing the tragic face and true extent of life-changing road crash injuries incurred every day.
- Signing of MOUs with the Inter-American Development Bank and European Investment Bank to save lives in Latin America, Europe and the world.
- Presentation of an iRAP Global Innovation Award to Sweden for their 2+1 with wire rope median road design innovation.
- SR4S demonstrations at the 2nd World Youth Assembly for Road Safety, the Global Alliance of NGOs for Road Safety People’s Exhibition in Stockholm Central Station and the FIA Delegation Meeting.